- This Little Light Ministries is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation formed for the purpose of spreading God’s love here and abroad by helping established organizations (CIMIV) that offer education, food, and medical attention to disadvantaged children in poor communities in a Christian environment.
- We are a grass roots organization that firmly believes in coming alongside people within these communities that are trying to make a difference in these childrens lives. We have no salaried staff and are made up entirely of volunteers.
- Dr. Enerio, a native to the DR, and his family started CIMIV as a way to combat the poverty of this area in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, through education, nutrition and medical attention. The 300 students of CIMIV are provided with a secular and Christian education, medical care, 2 meals a day and clean water.
- In 2015, CIMIV celebrated 20 years of operation!
- TLLM’s main goal is to provide for CIMIV through monthly partnership. The monthly partnership amount given to CIMIV is based on the donations that come in through faithful monthly sponsors. Our goal is to provide $2,300 a month to CIMIV. The money CIMIV receives is used to help pay for monthly reoccurring expenses at the school including feeding the children, providing clean water, and paying the staff.
The Dominican Republic is known to many as a beautiful paradise where people go to vacation. But unfortunately there is a side to the DR that many people do not see, but is more prevalent than the beauty of the tropical beaches. The amount of poverty in the DR per capita is astounding and the average income per person in the DR is only $4,900 (11% of the US average of $47,00.) Many people in the DR live in conditions we could never imagine here in the United States. The water is unfit to drink, the homes have roofs full of holes, dirt floors, and they cook on homemade camp fire stoves. Outside of their homes, the land is covered in unwanted garbage. The children often so hungry and their families and unable to afford to send them to school.
These conditions are no exception for where Centro Intregal Maternal Infantil Vida (CIMIV) is located in Punta de Garza, outside of San Pedro.
At CIMIV Dr. Enerio and his family started CIMIV as a way to combat the poverty of this area in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, through education, nutrition and medical attention. The teachers at CIMIV only had gotten paid US$150.00 a month, thanks to our supporters we were able to raise even money to offer them a US$30 raise. So each teacher now receives US$180, while the public school teachers can make up to US$400.00 a month. The outstanding group of teachers feel that it is part of their personal mission to help the children in this village, but sadly due to the deficit in their salaries and families to support, may have no chose, but to move on.